This kid friendly 20 minute Double Noodle Soup is a perfect winter lunch or dinner. Add some rotisserie chicken and serve with some bread for a delicious and affordable comfort food meal.
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. Sweet Hazel Honey may receive a small commission for Amazon purchases made though these links at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and other kid friendly ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email here!
CLICK TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Today's recipe is a kid approved favorite and they can even help make it too!
This Double Noodle Soup is super simple, so much better than the canned version and best of all, a budget meal.
You can serve meatless or add some chopped rotisserie chicken to make it heartier. We always buy our rotisserie chickens at Sam's Club and use them for so many different soups, casseroles and salads.
If you want to get your kids in the kitchen for this recipe, they can help chop, measure and serve! If you have leftovers, they reheat great!
Keep scrolling for tips, process photos, additional kid friendly soup recipes and more!
Thanks so much for supporting a small business and visiting our family owned blog 💕
What are the ingredients in this recipe?
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Stock
- Black Pepper
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for measurements and instructions!
- If you add diced chicken, you can also increase the amount of chicken stock added.
- I don't recommend freezing this soup. The noodles tend to become mushy after defrosting.
- You can freeze the soup base without the noodles, and reheat. Add the noodles per recipe instructions.
More soup recipes your kids may like:
- Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
- Alphabet Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Cheeseburger Soup
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Noodle Soup
- Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
- Fresh Tomato Soup
You can add or substitute with these ingredients:
- use macaroni, rotini or alphabet shaped pasta
- use beef, vegetable or turkey broth instead of chicken
- add fresh chopped parsley
- add one cup chopped rotisserie chicken and two cups chicken stock
- add diced onion
CLICK TO SHARE THIS RECIPE ON FACEBOOK
More fun dinner recipes your family may love:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family did!
CLICK TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Double Noodle Soup
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the noodles to continue absorbing the liquid until the noodles are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.`
If you add diced chicken, you can also increase the amount of chicken stock added.
I don't recommend freezing this soup. The noodles tend to become mushy after defrosting.
You can freeze the soup base without the noodles, and reheat. Add the noodles per recipe instructions.
Sat. Fat (grams)0.91
Sweet Hazel Honey is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from this blog/website. You may not always have the same results I do due to variations in ingredients, humidity, altitude, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. I am not a certified nutritionist and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual's dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email!