This pink heart glitter slime is the perfect girly DIY for Valentine's Day, to make at play dates or when you're looking for something fun to do at home. It comes together in minutes and will provide hours of sensory play!
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. Sweet Hazel Honey may receive a small commission for Amazon purchases made though these links at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and other kid friendly ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email here!
Have you made slime at home before?
This was our first time making glitter slime. It was easy, fun and kept the kids busy for hours. It comes together with four simple ingredients, plus the acrylic hearts if you choose to add them.
This will keep your kiddos busy for HOURS! It's not only great for Valentine's Day, but for any time of the year.
You can buy different colors of glitter glue and different acrylic shapes to add in. One simple base recipe and so many options to make it new every time.
Keep scrolling for tips, process photos, additional homemade slime recipes and more!
Thanks so much for supporting a small business and visiting our family owned blog 💕
What supplies do you need?
- Elmer's Glue in pink glitter
- warm water
- baking soda
- contact lens solution (containing boric acid)
- acrylic hearts
How to make:
Scroll down for measurements, instructions and printing!
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
- The slime will be sticky once you remove it from the bowl. Begin to play with the slime, stretching or kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when it is no longer sticky.
- Try green glitter glue for Grinch slime.
More slime recipes you may like:
CLICK TO SHARE THIS ON FACEBOOK
More fun Valentine's activities your family may love:
- Salt Dough Hearts
- Heart Sun Catcher Paper Plate Craft
- Valentine's Day Sensory Bag
- Blooming Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentine's Sensory Bottles
- Valentine's Pom Pom Painting
I hope you enjoy this activity as much as our family did!
How to Make Pink Heart Glitter Slime for Valentine's Day
- 1- 6 ounce bottle Elmer's Glue in pink glitter
- About ½ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid)
- glitter and acrylic hearts, optional
- Empty the glue into a large bowl.
- Fill the empty glue bottle about ⅓ full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into the bowl with glue and stir to combine.
- Add the baking soda to the glue and stir to mix thoroughly.
- If you are adding additional glitter, food coloring, scents, or confetti, stir into the glue mixture before adding the contact lens solution.
- Add contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well. (Note: regular glue will require less contact lens solution than glitter glue. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions, and add only enough to bring the glue together into a soft ball.)
- Remove the slime from the bowl. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, stretching or kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when it is no longer sticky.
Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email!
Post a Comment