This 30 minute Simple Beefy Taco Pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner! Kid approved, affordable and easy to substitute ingredients for picky eaters. So good with ground turkey or ground chicken too!
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. Sweet Hazel Honey may receive a small commission for Amazon purchases made though these links at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and other kid friendly ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email here!
CLICK TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
I'm always trying and creating fast dinner recipes at our house that are both toddler and teenager approved. When you have an almost 2 year old and 15 year old, life gets busy, so a quick dinner is always needed.
Today's recipe is fast to make and so easy to whip up with fridge, freezer and pantry staples. We usually have all of the pasta ingredients in the house, and just switch up the toppings depending on what we have at home that day.
It's tasty, the leftovers re-heat well and it's kid approved! We love using ground turkey instead of ground beef and sometimes use macaroni noodles instead of cavatappi.
This recipe is super easy to make your own, by adding your favorite taco ingredients.
Keep scrolling for tips, process photos, additional 30 minutes or less ground beef dinner recipes and more!
Thanks so much for supporting a small business and visiting our family owned blog 💕
What are the ingredients in this recipe?
- cavatappi pasta
- olive oil
- white onion
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- black beans
- cheddar cheese
- cherry tomatoes
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for measurements and instructions!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
More 30 minute ground beef dinner recipes you may like:
You can add or substitute with these ingredients:
- macaroni, shell or any smaller pasta instead of cavatappi
- use a 1.0 ounce taco seasoning packet
- ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef
- pinto or red beans instead of black beans
- add chopped fresh cilantro
- onion powder instead of fresh onion
- add minced fresh garlic or garlic powder
- pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar for topping
CLICK TO SHARE THIS RECIPE ON FACEBOOK
Supplies you may need:
- T-fal Jumbo Cooker Skillet
- Can Colander
- OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set
- Farberware Chopper Utensil
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family did!
CLICK TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Simple Beefy Taco Pasta
- 1 - 16 ounce box cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 - 1.25 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 - 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 14 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1 avocado, diced for topping
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved for topping
- Boil pasta in salted water as directed on box and strain.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, increase heat to medium high and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain any excess grease, reduce heat to medium, then stir in the taco seasoning, water and salsa. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the black beans and corn, heat through.
- Add the pasta and gently stir until combined. Heat through and remove from heat.
- Serve topped with cheese, avocado and tomatoes.
Sweet Hazel Honey is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from this blog/website. You may not always have the same results I do due to variations in ingredients, humidity, altitude, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. I am not a certified nutritionist and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual's dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email!
Post a Comment