Make your own homemade pizza sauce with this easy recipe! It's ready in 25 minutes, freezer friendly and has great flavor from the garlic and spices!
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links. Sweet Hazel Honey may receive a small commission for Amazon purchases made though these links at no cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and other kid friendly ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email here!
CLICK TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Today's recipe is a money saver and is so delicious!
Have you tried making your own pizza sauce before? If not, then this is the recipe you'll want to try.
It's so simple! It's made with canned, crushed tomatoes, garlic and some common pantry spices and seasonings. After simmering on the stove, this sauce ends up with the perfect texture and taste.
This recipe makes a pretty big batch, so we usually freeze the leftovers in small ziploc bags to use later. It's great for pizzas or dipping sauce for your favorite garlic bread or mozzarella sticks.
Keep scrolling for tips, additional pizza themed recipes and more!
Thanks so much for supporting a small business and visiting our family owned blog 💕
- olive oil
- canned crushed tomatoes
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- granulated sugar
- black pepper
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for measurements and instructions!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze in small ziploc bags for up to three months.
- To thaw from frozen: Place in the refrigerator and thaw or run frozen pizza sauce under cool water until thawed.
More pizza themed recipes you may like:
- Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Twists
- Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Crescent Roll Pizza Pockets
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Crescent Roll Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Air Fryer Parmesan Pizza Wings
You can add or substitute with these ingredients:
- use basil instead of Italian seasoning
- use brown sugar instead of granulated
- use garlic powder instead of fresh
- skip adding sugar
- use grated fresh onion instead of powder
Kitchen equipment and supplies you may need:
- Cuisinart 5.5-Quart Multi-Purpose Pan
- Nextrend Garlic Twister
- OXO Good Grips 7-Piece Nesting Measuring Beaker Set
- OXO Good Grips 6-Piece Plastic Measuring Spoons
- KitchenAid Classic Multifunction Can Opener
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family did!
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, onion powder, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and black pepper, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Use immediately or cool.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze in small ziploc bags for up to three months.
To thaw from frozen: Place in the refrigerator and thaw or run frozen pizza sauce under cool water until thawed.
Sat. Fat0.09 g
Net carbs4.65 g
Sweet Hazel Honey is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from this blog/website. You may not always have the same results due to variations in ingredients, humidity, altitude, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. I am not a certified nutritionist and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual's dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Around this time in blog history....
One year ago:
Looking for more crafts, recipes, activities and ideas?
Follow me! Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe by email!
Post a Comment